Mercedes Benz A45 / CLA45 / GLA45 Mishimoto Intake Kit
The A45 / CLA45 / GLA45 engine is quite an impressive piece of engineering managing to achieve 360BHP from a 2-litre turbo. There are however areas that can still be improved, the intake system is one of them.
The Mishimoto intake replaces the standard pipework, filter and housing to get rid of the factory restrictions and the difference is quite dramatic. Dyno runs have proven around 20 bhp and similar lb-ft of torque improvements over standard. The intake also gives a great induction noise both power on and lifting off the throttle. There aren’t many intake kits on the market that replace the hose from the filter to the turbo which is where the intake airflow is effected badly, the Mishimoto kit replaces this with a heavy duty silicone pipe with machined Aluminium sensor ports.
Here at Carbonwurks we only sell our own products or other products that we believe in and having tested this kit out and continuing to run it on our project A45 car, it is a great upgrade with additional benefits whether running stock or modified software. It’s also worth noting that unlike a lot of other intakes on the market, this has been tried, tested and fully developed over many many months.
Fitment is a direct swap; professional installation is recommended but can be replaced in around 60-90 minutes.
- 1 x Mishimoto intake kit including all fittings, pipework, filter and housing
- Mercedes Benz A45 Class W176 2012 – Onwards
- Mercedes Benz CLA45 Class W117 2013 – Onwards
- Mercedes Benz GLA45 Class X156 2014 – Onwards
- Mishimoto are currently fully out of stock of these systems and have provided no ETA for their return.
- MST Performance offer a similar product here – https://carbonwurks.com/product/mst-performance-a4501-mercedes-a45-cla45-gla45-air-intake-kit/