BMW M3 & M4 (G8X) Quicksilver M Performance Active Valve Exhaust System
The Quicksilver Active Valve Exhaust System For The BMW M3 (G80) & M4 (G82 / G83). Styled On The BMW M-Performance System But Arguably Better In Every Way.
The latest labour of love has seen Quicksilver & Carbonwurks team up again to build the BMW M-Performance style quad exhaust system with Active Valve Control & Sound Architect system.
This BMW exhaust upgrade has been styled on the original BMW M-Performance exhaust system to replicate the look and aesthetics of the rear of the vehicle. Featuring the iconic quad tailpipe in an inverted V-Configuration. Not only does it sound great but certainly looks the part too.
The Sound Architect lets you have full control over the exhaust valves. Via your mobile phone you can control the dual active valve system on the exhaust to go from standard road car to full on race car in seconds. The Sound Architect system allows you to fully open the valves when wanted rather than the BMW vales which partially open and only at certain RPM / Throttle load. When you want to return to a normal sounding system (as quiet and sociable as standard) a simple app tap and you’re done.
As this is a collaboration, we’ve worked with Quicksilver to develop our own Carbon Fibre rear diffuser that pairs with this exhaust system to give you that full M-Performance finish. This is a must when fitting this exhaust system! It’s a full carbon fibre piece compared to the M-Performance one which is part carbon and part metal. Our diffuser is manufactured using genuine pre-preg autoclave carbon fibre and we include all the necessary hardware (including brackets & fixings) to install this in the correct way.
Although BMW produce their own M-Performance system they are constrained by being Euro 6 compliant and in doing so strangle the noise. For the money you may pay you’re not getting the maximum noise and performance possible whereas with the Quicksilver variant, you certainly will be.
More can be read on the Diffuser here:
With the Genuine BMW M-Performance exhaust system, rear diffuser, exhaust tips and fitting kit coming in at well over £7000 the Quicksilver and Carbonwurks setup will give you an arguably better sounding exhaust system whilst in a more sensible price bracket for a similar system (GPF back & diffuser). Additional to this, we also offer a GPF and secondary Cat delete option to further enhance the noise and performance which BMW do not offer. Don’t think for a moment that our product is sub-standard. Collectively we have spent over 6 months working on just the exhaust and diffuser alone to create what is arguably the finest exhaust and diffuser setup available for these G8X’s.
Installed into a 2022 BMW M4 G82 Competition
Installed into a 2022 BMW M4 G82 Competition
- Iconic BMW V-Configuration ‘MPE’ outlets
- Genuine carbon fibre tailpipes
- GPF-back with optional GPF/Secondary cat delete section
- Plug and play GPF-delete terminator connectors
- No remap required!
- Sound Architect valve control
- Genuine Carbonwurks Autoclave carbon fibre diffuser & carbon fibre exhaust surround
This system offers two different variations which will result in different sounds and performance.
- GPF Back (Incl Diffuser) – The first option is a GPF back system. This means we replace the original back box, middle resonator and all pipe work up to (not including) the GPF’s. This also includes 4 carbon fibre tips and the Quicksilver Sound Architect system. Included with this is the Carbonwurks carbon fibre diffuser set including both parts of the diffuser and various brackets & fixings.
- Full System (Incl Diffuser) – The second option is as above, the GPF back system with additional GPF & secondary Cat delete pipes. With the GPF delete pipes, we also supply a plug and play terminator connector that negates any engine warning lights or the need to remap your car. Included with this is the Carbonwurks carbon fibre diffuser set including both parts of the diffuser and various brackets & fixings.
These options can be selected from above when choosing your model.
Due to the nature of this system it will need to be installed by a professional automotive mechanic with previous background on this type of system and this platform.
We are however able to offer installation of this item here at our garage in Poole, Dorset. Please get in touch so we can work out the costings for you
- BMW M3 G80 – 2021 to Present
- BMW M4 G82 – 2021 to Present
- BMW M4 G83 Convertible – 2021 to Present
- If you are unsure of fitment, please get in touch with us before purchasing. If you would like an up to date stock level check, please do get in touch.
BMW M3 / M4 Forum
If you own a BMW M3 / M4 G8X then check out our BMW G8X Specific Facebook Page & Forum: